Friday, November 25, 2016

Dash good!

With my clock project and center dash work complete, I was ready to reassemble the dash.  Upon beginning to insert the glove box, I found that the passenger vent duct had a hole in it.  After patching the hole in the duct, I found another.  Instead of patching that, I thought I'd better just replace the entire duct.  No one carries 2" duct anymore; I guess manufacturers use hard plastic duct nowadays.  I bought the last box of Dorman 2" defroster duct on Amazon.com.  Unfortunately the decline of the brick-and-mortar means waiting for parts before proceeding; luckily I am a patient man...  just don't ask Amy...

I noticed I was missing a couple of screws (no comments) while reassembling the glove box.  For those that critique my odd behavior of taking apart broken things and keeping the hardware: who's laughing now?  I found replacement screws that exactly matched original hardware in my recycle bin!  In fact, I found a bag of new replacement screws for rusty counterparts during my grill installation as well.  For the existing center dash hardware, I used my Dremel to remove the paint from the existing screws and shoot a fresh coat on the heads before cranking them down.


No comments:

Post a Comment