Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Throttled Up

The throttle linkage assembly on my 280z had always been somewhat of an eyesore in my engine compartment.  Recently I decided to do something about it.





Removing the linkage was pretty straightforward and entailed a few bolts, a nut, e-clips and a cotter pin.


Using mostly wire brushes on a drill as well as a Dremel, I removed 40 years of gunk from the pieces and prepped them for painting.  To simulate the look of the cadmium-nickel plating, I use a Rustoleum product called Metalizer in the color of Champagne Mist.  While it's not a perfect match to the plating, the color is pretty darned close.  The below picture shows an area of the linkage that was not painted since it slides into the pivot assembly.  Since this area was behind a rubber boot it was fairly protected and retained much of it's original plated finish.  You can see below where the painted area meets the plated area.


Once the paint had cured the parts were greased where appropriate and returned to their home.  Another small item off my punch list.




No comments:

Post a Comment