Saturday, September 21, 2024

Restoring Misc Cooling Bits

Many brackets and tubes in the engine bay are showing their age.  In April of 2020 I took the opportunity to address the heater hose brackets, auxiliary air valve water block and the coolant passages that feed the water block.  As a bonus, I also cleaned up the engine lift bracket as well.  For all the metal pieces I used a wire brush to take them to bare metal then used Rustoleum Metallic Paint & Primer in a champaign mist color to coat the parts.  I've found that this paint both closely matches the cadmium zinc plating on the original parts but also holds up well in the engine bay.

Engine hoist bracket and water outlet

Water block tubing


Water Block


I also replaced the rubber hose that feeds the water block.  I often use my garage door to cure painted parts in the sun!




To finish things off I also used OE-like hose clamps to attach the heater hose.








As an added bonus, I also performed the same treatment to the alternator wire harness bracket.





No comments:

Post a Comment