Sunday, December 4, 2016

Escutche-what?

As I mentioned in a previous post, I found one of the escutcheon covers under the passenger seat.  At that point, I didn't even know such covers existed.  The one that I found didn't stay in place very well, so I decided to fix it.  Once again I called upon my plastic welder and added some bulk to one of the tabs that had been reduced with multiple insert-removal cycles.


Since I was in the area, I removed both escutcheons and polished them with Quick-Glo. 


After some research, I found that the small hole on the rim of the escutcheon is supposed to contain a door handle bumper.  I haven't seen this bumper advertised anywhere, and being such a small part I thought that they must get lost easily anyway.  I decided to make my own by injecting a blob of RTV silicone through the back until a small bit protruded through the hole.


At least I can replace these bumpers easily if they don't last.  I also obtained another cover for the driver side from ZCarDepot.

No comments:

Post a Comment