Monday, December 26, 2016

Is it weird that my car received gifts for Christmas?

Would it be odd for a car to receive Christmas presents?  Maybe.  We'll say that the presents were for me instead to make it less weird.

How do I know my dad was involved in picking out my Christmas presents this year?  Because only he would know that I would need polyurethane bushings!


It's the gift that will keep giving all year long, mainly because it will take me that long to install all of the bushings included in this master set!  While the 280Z still handles well, visual inspection shows that most of the rubber throughout the chassis needs to be replaced. 

When working with an old car, hardware tends to be missing or corroded beyond repair.  Not to worry when you have a mega bolt, nut, and washer set at your disposal!


Not to be outdone, Amy (my wife) gave me a genuine factory owners manual for the 280Z.  1976 is a hard year to find for a 280Z owners manual.  I think I may have gotten one of the last few remaining.


I'm guessing that Amy has also accepted the fact that I'm spending more time in the garage working as she gave me some garage-worthy furniture as well...



No comments:

Post a Comment