Thursday, March 30, 2017

Braced for cleanup

My 280z started life as a metallic green color, but somewhere along the way it was repainted white.  While the outside of the car received this new white coating, the engine compartment was simply sprayed with flat black and with little prep or sanding.  In fact, many of the components within the engine compartment received a black coating.  Like much of the engine compartment, the black overcoat on the radiator cross brace was flaking and showing the original color underneath.  



After peeling off the factory stickers on the cross brace and using brake cleaner to remove the residue, I used a wire brush on a drill to remove loose paint and rust.



I then shot the brace with 2 coats of primer.


Once the primer had cured I sprayed three coats of semi-gloss black.  I will eventually apply the same to all areas of the engine compartment a section at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment