Thursday, March 30, 2017

PCV TLC

In a continuing effort to eradicate potential vacuum leaks, I replaced the PCV valve on the 280z tonight.  The valve itself was sticky, but not completely blocked.  Since a new valve was about $5, why not replace?


Luckily, the PCV breather tube was in good shape; those are much harder to come by.  Granted, I'm sure I could adapt a hose from another vehicle if need be, but I'll save that task for another day.  It is noteworthy that the hose currently on the vehicle was flared at one end with an insert to reduce the I.D. of the end at the valve; I had heard that Nissan had changed the design of the hose in later years but I have no idea what this flare would accomplish.  I added hose clamps to both ends of the hose since there were none before and there was evidence of leakage at the valve end.


I accidentally flipped the camera when taking the above shots... just look at that concentration!


No comments:

Post a Comment