Friday, November 25, 2016

Bumped!

Another little project done today: new hood adjustment bumpers.  The bumpers installed on the car were interesting; they looked to be plastic caps filled with silicone around the original bumper bolts.


I ordered new bumpers from Black Dragon Auto (closing their doors at the end of the year) for a couple bucks.  After opening the bag, I found that the construction of the units was less than optimal; you get what you pay for.  The rubber bumper was good, the problem was the pan-head bolt and washer used for the adjustment; the rubber bumper would barely stay in place.

I decided to use the new rubber in combination with the old adjustment bolt.  I began by removing the cap and silicone from the bolts.


I then shot the bolts with a coat of paint, mainly to keep them from rusting.


Once dry, I inserted the bolt into the rubber bumpers and returned to the car.  


And that's how you write an entire blog post about something as trivial as hood adjustment bumpers.

No comments:

Post a Comment