Saturday, May 6, 2017

Door trimmings - Part 1

I spent some time on the driver's door today addressing cracked and deteriorating weather seals.

The upper door seal was first (and easiest).  The old seal was falling apart after years of use.


Once all the remnants of the old seal have been removed, the new seal simply tucks between the flanges on either side of the door sash.  I didn't need to use any weatherstrip adhesive on this part.  I started at the front of the door and tucked the flat part of the seal between the door and the sash.


Some choose not to loosen the sash, but I knew I was going to install window channel runs so I pulled the interior door panel and loosened the sash to make it easier.  I finished the job by using a paint stick to tuck the outside edge of the seal into place while ensuring the back side was in the groove.  Once the excess was trimmed, this job was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment