Sunday, October 23, 2016

Found my car!

It all started with a simple URL sent to me by my father.  He knew I was looking for a 280z and noticed a listing that might be of interest to me.  Upon reading the article, several things got my attention:
  • It was a 1976 (I specifically wanted a 76).
  • There was no apparent rust.  Anyone who knows the s30's knows that rust is the #1 enemy.
  • The engine and transmission were swapped with a newer model, including a 5 speed transmission (numbers-matching isn't so important to me).
  • While the car had been sitting for about 10 years before the seller acquired it, much work had been put into the car to make it a reliable and safe driver.
  • It ran and drove really well.
  • It still needs work, but nothing major.
  • The car was located about 30 minutes from my father's house in south Florida, which gave me an easy way to view it and even store it if I decided to purchase.
After talking to the seller (Hi Bob!) I was definitely interested.  I scheduled a trip as soon as my calendar allowed.  On the weekend of September 10th my son and I made the trip to view the car.  The car drove well and everything was as described.  Later that night, the car was parked in the garage of my grandfather's old house...


Unfortunately the car did not come back with us to Tennessee on this trip.  It killed me to leave the car, but I knew it was safe and I'd be back for it soon after properly planning for transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment