Sunday, October 23, 2016

Piddling with a few little things

I've been searching for the parts that I feel need to be replaced on the 280z.  While I find these sources, I began "piddling" with a few things.

The trouble light is one of those small things that for some reason is a memorable item in the engine compartment of a 280z.  The unit in my Z worked sporadically and looked quite corroded.  I pulled it out in order to clean it up and the lens instantly cracked and disintegrated.  I also found that the toggle switch had broken.  I pulled the unit apart and fixed the switch (JB Weld to the rescue) as well as polished up the housing.  It now works and looks much better.  The lens is impossible to find, so I'll hunt for a creative solution.

Before:
 

After:

No comments:

Post a Comment