Sunday, October 23, 2016

The trek home

On October 4th, I found myself once again in Florida.  Not having a vehicle of my own that would be capable of pulling a loaded car hauler, I convinced my father to come with me in his 2016 Pathfinder and its 5000 pound towing package.  I had the reservation set with U-Haul and, despite hurricane Matthew looming-in on us, we were set to bring my 280z home.  Of course, I took her out for a Sunday drive before loading up on the hauler for the trip home.



The nightly storms of the southern Gulf Coast were closing-in, so we loaded the car onto the hauler and backed it into the garage to keep it nice and dry for departure early the next morning.



The trip home was long, but uneventful.  The Pathfinder pulled the trailer with ease and, other than awesome Atlanta traffic, we kept up a good pace.  



14+ hours later, we unloaded the car and pulled it into my garage!

No comments:

Post a Comment