Saturday, April 22, 2017

Simple markup

When returning the front marker lamps to their home on the fenders today, I took the time to not only polish the reflectors, but also to replace the aged lenses which were falling apart.


If you've read some of my previous posts, you've likely noticed that I find all kinds of uses for a product called Quick-Glo.  While it's intended use as a chrome polish is superb, I've found that it also restores tired looking rubber to a nice black color as well.  In fact, I used it on the PCV and valve cover breather hoses to make them look new again.  In the case of the marker lamps, I noticed that there was some old wax and dirt on the rubber gaskets.  Quick-Glo made quick work of removing the gunk and returning the gaskets to a nice black again.

No comments:

Post a Comment