Sunday, April 9, 2017

White Valencias

The side and lower valences on my 280z were in pretty bad shape.  All had large scrapes and surface rust with one side and the lower having bends and dents.  


I pounded out some of the malformations, then sanded and primed the metal.  I realized on the lower valence that removing the texture coating applied in the last repainting wasn't going to happen.  I decided to scuff the existing paint then fill any remaining voids.


I then applied three coats of color along with three coats of clear.  I was worried that the clear coat wouldn't match well with the single stage paint on the rest of the car, but after some side-by-side comparison I think it will look acceptable being on separate body panels.  I'll post close-ups after reassembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment