Sunday, April 23, 2017

Small adjustments

While working on the 280z today I noticed a small nick in the leading edge of my door that I had not previously noticed.  


Then it hit me...  I installed the fenders yesterday and thought to myself that the door seemed pretty close to the fender...  Sure enough, the door was hitting the fender on that leading edge.  I loosened all the fender and headlight bucket bolts, then pulled the fender about a quarter of an inch forward.  I'm glad I did as I was having difficulty adjusting the inspection lid on that side; once I moved the fender things began to line up better. 

After the fender adjustment and inspection lid re-adjustment, I installed the newly painted valences.  From a body panel perspective, the car is now whole again!

No comments:

Post a Comment